Friday, November 2, 2012

Follow Up Friday!

 

Hi Y’all!

It’s morning here.  I thought this was a good time to address the questions y’all have with:

follow-up-friday 

The blog hop brought to you by Heart Like a Dog.  Stop by and link up! 

Now, lets get to your questions!

Thumper and Lightning said their humans go fishin’ when they get nice water like this…

 

Sampson and Delilah thought we went on vacation…Dakota asked if we moved or went on vacation. 

Actually, depending upon the Humans, I spend part of the time here at the shore and the rest of the time in the mountains.  We like to be able to retreat to the mountains to escape the summer heat.  However, sometimes the Humans need to go to the mountains in the winter. 

Sam wants to know if I ever chase the ducks and geese…

 

 

No, Sam, I don’t chase them.

There are several reasons.

First, if I was hunting, I would not be allowed to get the bird before he was shot. Then I would be sent to retrieve it. Of course, some dogs flush or point the bird in a field, but even they do not chase, but retrieve the dead bird.

Second, my Human likes to photograph the birds. If I chased them…well…you get the picture!

 

Sugar wanted to know if the water was high for this time of year?

 

 

Sugar, the water level varies by time of year and drought, not just in our area but to our west where rains and snows in the mountains feed the rivers which flow steadily to the ocean. The appearance of “fullness” also depends on where my Human is taking the picture.

Freddie and Gloria said I looked comfy and asked if they could join me?

You sure can join me! Come on, Fred and Gloria! This is super springy grass! Y’all will love it!

Blueberry’s person thought I look like I have two tails!

 

Above is my “extra” tail.

Hope y’all had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

Y’all come back now!

 

9 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Happy Follow up Friday. Golden Thanks for the clarification. Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you had a great Halloween to Hawk. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to enjoy your beautiful photos and say Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great follow-up and wonderful pictures.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update on all your woofy followers questions...helps to put a lot of your world into perspective for little ol' me up north...have a great w/e!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Follow Up Friday. One day I hope I have a question worthy of Follow Up Friday, but I'll have to work on it.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good answers, Hawk! I love all that nice green grass. Do you ever get tempted to dig some of it up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That "extra" tail looks awesome! We'd love to play with something like that! Happy Friday Hawk.

    ReplyDelete