Friday, September 21, 2012

Follow Up Friday!

 

Hi Y’all!

Time’s flyin’ faster and faster!  Here it is time to follow up on all your questions.

Kia and Simba the mini-Schnauzer, on my post “Hello and Good-bye”, asked where I was “runnin’ off to”…if it was “fun in the woods”.  Jen, Elka’s mom asked the same thing.    Sugar asked “what?”, Blueberry, asked what I’m hunting, and Dog Mom wanted to know if I was on the trail of something good.  2browndawgs wanted to know if I “found anything good”. 

Actually, it was a scent that started showin’ up last year.  It keeps me in close to my Humans.  I don’t range as far from them.  I’ll have more for you in later posts.  Don’t know if it’s good or bad, but I marked it!

Dakota’s person remarked that I was workin’ hard sleepin’.  I’ll have you know that sleepin’ comes AFTER the hard work!  But you knew that. Winking smile

Molly asked “don’t you turkey chase?”.

It has crossed my mind, but an ever mindful and watchful Human keeps me always “under her thumb” as she calls it.  In other words, I’m FORCED to practice “control yourself” whenever the urge strikes.

Sugar wants to know “where do you go that you see all these cool animals?”  “Are you planning your Thanksgiving dinner?” 

 

It never hurts to plan ahead!  Winking smile

Kim at Golden Pines commented, hard at work in the first and hardly working in the second, right?

The Day in the Life of a Goose  wanted to know if I worked myself into a deep slumber?

What’s that you humans are always saying about a tired dog?  Yep, I was dog tired!

Dakota’s Den wanted to know if the cows were busy making milk?

I can tell you, she is…for her calf.

Jet wants to know if cows are fun to chase or follow?  I’ve never tried it.  They are my friends and I don’t even bark at them.  There are cattle dogs that are trained to herd them, but I’m a retriever.  Sorry Jet, I can’t really answer your question about the fun part. 

Jet also asks if my Human caught me nappin’?

She sure did!  and that’s hard to do! 

Jet wanted to know how I’m feelin’?  I’m feelin’ fine now that I’ve finished the antibiotics.  They were makin’ my tummy really upset!  So glad that’s over!

Goose from the Gospel of Goose wants to know if my big friends winter in the mountains?

 

Some do winter in the mountains, but not all of them.  The mamas and the papas usually stay and have more babies next year.  Like youngsters everywhere, the young go off elsewhere. 

Alison at Pawfect Times asked what kind of a spider this was and I don’t know.  If anybody does…please let us know!  Thanks!

Y’all come back now!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. A scent that keeps you near your humans? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the "scent" story. And I believe that is a wolf spider. I think. I looks like one. So yes I am going to say it is a wold spider.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! Golden Thanks for the clarification BUT you forgot to answer my ? Where do you? Is there a farm nearby your home? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for follow-up Friday! :-D Thanks for all the clarifications Hawk and for all the photos! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great follow up Hawk. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great follow up! I love the cow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend, hope you meet new animals on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So hap-pee you had all the answers cause I didn't have a clue! BOL

    EEEEEK! The spider thing gives me the creeps. Now that I do have an answer fur! RUN.....RUN.....RUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawk...we love your follow ups but even better, we love your pictures! You are one lucky dude to have a place like that to explore on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are a lot of sleeping pictures, but of course we know it is after hard work!

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete