Monday, June 20, 2011

Q & A

 

Hi Y’all!

Hope y’all are having a great summer so far! 

It’s been awhile since I’ve answered questions…truth is there haven’t been many.  Lately y’all do seem to have a couple, so I’ll address them. 

Rottrover  asked if I left a milk bone in the collection plate yesterday.  No, my Human left greenbacks instead.  I’m not sure if they’re good to eat though.

Rottrover also asked about gators.  Yes we have gators in our water and they come up and sun themselves in the yard sometimes.  You can see them layin’ along the road down by the gas station. 

Over at “My Thoughtful Spot” they want to know what I prayed for at church.  Angel Kitty says he might pray for some new treats or catnip.  I’ve got to be honest Angel Kitty, being just a dog, I don’t really understand this prayer thing the Humans do.  I just watch and listen.  Askin’ for more treats sounds like a super idea.  We’ll have to get together so you can explain how to do this prayer thing.

Mogley over at A Dog’s Life asked if I left a treat in the collection plate.  Sadly, no, my Human said they preferred greenbacks. 

Mogley also said that the ski slopes are still open out there and they are calling for more snow!  It’s hard to realize it can snow anywhere when at 8PM tonight it was still in the 90’s Fahrenheit here. 

Sage at the (mis)Adventures of Sage has never been in a boat.  He asks if it is scary.  No Sage, it’s not scary.  I’d never been on a boat until I came to live with my Human.  First time I just followed her on board I was not sure what to expect.  Now when the boat is at the pier the first thing I do in the morning is race on board and stand in the bow hoping we’ll go out.  Sometimes we do.

The Old Geezer Blog wonders why the birds only show up when I’m not around.  Romp Roll Rockies says it must be tough to be a retriever in a bird sanctuary.  Truth is, I never chase anything, not even a squirrel.  My Humans used to hunt with retrievers.  They didn’t want us scaring the birds away.  So I’ve learned to lay quietly while my Human takes her bird photos.  The other day I went outside and a squirrel ran across in front of me.  I quickly sat and watched it, then my Human and I went on for our walk. 

Don’t worry, I get to do lotLooking across the inlet that comes into the yard.s of retriever stuff.  I get to find and bring bumpers.  Whenever I go outside I’m always carrying a toy or bumper.  Plus I get to play catch as a reward, when it’s not too hot. 

Y’all come back now!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Hawkeye, that is simply amazing to me that you don't chase the birds or critters and just sit and watch!! You are one mighty fine dog and it looks like you have a couple of smart humans who have trained you well. Awesome!! If we see a squirrel while we are in the house we just go plain nuts!! I can't imagine letting one walk in front of our noses. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! LOVE to retrieve stuffs too. So few questions for you. How long can you carry/hold a toy or bumper? and from my mom Would like to know what camera your human use. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say we can't drive cars without a drivers license. I checked on the internet, it looks like you could drive a boat without a license. Have you taken it for a spin by yourself?

    Mogley G. Retriever

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very nice of you to answer all those questions.

    The alligator thing would freak Mom out. She has a thing about alligators and snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering our questions, Hawk! Your sunset spitur is amazing. Truly.

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawk, I'm so impressed at your control! There's no way Oscar would even be able to look at a bird or squirrel without trying to eat it, let alone sit when one runs across his path. You are one well-trained retriever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to meet you!! I loved reading about you -- you're such a good doggie!

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your restraint when you saw that squirrel is especially impressive, Hawk! Very well done.

    -Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

    ReplyDelete